Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall is here.

I’m not quite sure how it happened. Almost all of September was Beautiful and sunny and somewhere around 80 degrees. But slowly in the last week, the mornings have been a little more crisp, infiltrating our poorly insulated house. The afternoon sun has been more amber, not quite as bright. Maybe because I’m not in school for the first time in 17 years this I wasn't ready for it to come. It really hit me last night and this morning. I walked home barely avoiding the drizzle, hoping to bike out to Powell Butte with Gretchen and go for a short evening hike. I don’t know if it was just the clouds but by the time I was home at 6:15 it was so dark! I don’t remember it being this dark when I got home from work last week. The only real option was to throw on the sweats, make a nice warm pasta and drink a glass of wine with the girls. After work activities are no longer an option. Then this morning on late-start Wednesday, I got up to go for a run, but couldn’t make myself get out of my warm bed and expose myself to our cold house. Eventually I did and got ready to go running and had to throw on my long sleeve shirt so I didn’t catch a cold.

Dark Skies, Long Sleaves, and Sweats. Fall is Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment