Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Whitworth Wedding Weekend

My friend Ben Parker got married this past Saturday in Portland. In addition to being a beautiful wedding, it was also an wonderful reunion of my Whitworth friends in good 'ol P-town. I got to spend the day running some errands with Annie D - a breath of fresh air to be with someone who get you instantly and doesn't have to work so hard to just be. Once at the church in Lake Oswego, it was like a constant excitment fest. I kept seeing one person after another - some whom I hadn't expected see and some whom I had only hoped I'd get to see again. I know I'm a usually smiley person, but there was a perma-grin on my face for the whole evening. The ceremony was beautiful and Christ centered - even though Lindsay and I couldn't stop chatting - and the reception full of joking around and good catching up. After a little cake and dancing, we wished the happy couple well, ushered them in to the elevator of the hotel then Annie, Nate, Dan and I headed out to McMenamin's Crystal Ballroom for a beer. I can't explain how great it was to catch up with these people who were fundamental in my growing up, in how I became who I am today, who know me and love me for who I am, who I don't have to prove myself to, who I have a common story with. I was able to talk about life and spirituality and receive unconditional love and support. And to simply laugh with good people. A wonderful night with good friends: i felt at home.

makes me home sick for whitworth

No comments:

Post a Comment