Friday, October 2, 2009

Success!!

I've had a breakthrough! Okay, so this whole "Keep Yourself Healthy" class series has been a real downer, but it is something that I am really interested and should be excited about planning. So finally today I feel like am getting there. The classes weren't working out on Tuesday night: it wasn't ideal for patients, the teacher we wanted just started water aerobics instructing classes on tuesdays, and I would have had to add a third late night to my schedule... no good. BUT what about Saturday? The space we want to use is most likely available, our teacher is ready and excited to teach, and our patients preferred a morning class to a late night class. YAY! I also got to spend most of this morning designing a pretty awesome looking flyer, got great feedback from my boss and successfully navigated a phone conversation in Spanish to figure out how to best advertise. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Next week - nail down dates, figure out curriculum, and start signing people up!

By the way - our clinic manager was sick on Wednesday, and I got to run clinic ALL BY MYSELF... well with the help of our nurse... but only a little. I was the go-to Spanish speaker for intake and rocked it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment