Monday, July 26, 2010

Perfect Summer Day

Saturday was an amazing 90 degree summer day:

- I woke up in the morning and went for a run through one of my favorite trails up that climbs the Gresham Butte.

- Got coffee with a roommate for our Diad – a conversation to evaluate and reflect on our relationship this year as a closure activity. It could have been messy, was hard at times, but ended positively with laughter and constructive criticism.

- On our way home, we got veggies and fruit at the Gresham Famers Market. I also got Two Tamales for the price of one because the sweet Latina woman felt bad that they were out of the kind I wanted.

- I Started packing my stuff so that I’m not overwhelmed next weekend, and can savor time with my roommates.

- I finish my 8th secondary application for medical school and turned it in.

- The roommates and I met up with a few other JVs for Gourment Pizza and a seasonal microbrew in Norhtwest Portland

- After dinner I had the most delicious Stumptown Coffee and Cinemon gelato.

- We all wandered to a park and discovered a swing set. I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time. Swings are amazing.

- When we were done hanging out at the park, we headed home for G&T’s and good conversation.

Perfect.

1 comment: