Thursday, March 25, 2010

Future Plans Update

It's that time of year. The time of year when JV's are hearing back from grad schools, applying for second years of service, and trying to figure out where we'll end up in a few months. Granted we have about 4.5 months left to continue growing with our communities, live more simply, fight for justice and explore our spirituality - but we can't help but think about what happens in August.

For me, I have already applied, interviewed and been accepted for a second year of JVC - but I turned it down. With Med school applications and interviews, trying to maintain the relationships I already hold dear, and no really wanting to spend another year in the Convent that is my home (it's not that bad, but just not too homey), I couldn't commit to being a part of the next JVC community in Gresham. I will miss Wallace Medical, and they will miss me, but hopefully it's a "see you later" not a "goodbye." I've still got 4 months....

So, I'm heading back to Seattle! Right this very second I am applying to AmeriCorps positions in Seattle at with Sea Mar clinic and social services for primarily latino immigrants. I might be a bilingual Doula (birth coach), or help patients navigate the health care system, or work in patient education. If that falls through... perhaps a job and a few months spent traveling/volunteering in Latin America. I am also currently working my way through the MSAR (Medical School Admissions Requirements) trying to pick out where I want to go to med school... and that application will dominate my life shortly.

Anywho... a little update on my life plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment