Sunday, April 11, 2010

The inevitable has happened...

... our free internet connection has been locked down. I can no longer check my e-mail when I wake up on weekend mornings, or write blot posts while eating breakfast in my bed (which I will use as my excuse for why I am so far behind).

Debnet is now password protected.

But, the sadness I felt when I tried to log on one sunday night makes me question my addiction. I would think I would have conquered this need for constant access to information and impersonal connection, but alas I have not. Further shown by how I freaked out the weekend I didn't have a phone - my nice flip phone flipped right in half when I dropped it on the hard floor of my office.

But it's been a few weeks now, and I do feel guilty for not updating my blog - which is also due to the fact that Med School applications are starting to rule my life, and work has gotten so buy and crazy that I barely have time to check my personal e-mail when I'm at the office. Other than that, I am more present to my roommates when we're all home, I'm once again reading before going to bed rather than trying to download the latest episode of Private Practice, and after my head phones exploded a few months ago, I can read while at the gym and enjoy the sounds of the birds as I run outside rather than being addicted to my iPod.

I can live without internet...

As long as there is a Cafe D or some other cute coffee shop near by to occasionally connect me to the world beyond Gresham.

No comments:

Post a Comment