Friday, August 27, 2010

Done

I'm doing well. I'm ready to move on. And I finally get to. I just got back from my last downtown clinic. It was long and tedious with high maintenance physicians and a hell of a lot of patients demanding my time and energy. I was worn down and ready to leave once it was all over - which is a good thing. I am ready to leave. We went out to Kell's downtown to celebrate afterwards - my boss and the new JV, and 3 of the intake volunteers I've gotten to know over the past year. We ate lots of food, drank good beer, shared stories and laughed a lot.

I'm happy.
I'm scared.
Scared of what Seattle brings. Scared of finding housing. Scared of not having friends or not seeing the friends that I think I have as much as I plan to right now. Scared of figuring out a new routine.

But it's time. And its been a long time coming - four weeks to be exact.

Its a long time to live in a strange limbo, not able to able to move on, and not yet letting go.

But now I can move forward.

Onto the next adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment